Saturday, April 12, 2014


photo:  wuky.org

Introducing the blog I Like Business Wannabe

I've always been a wannabe when it came to entrepreneurship.  I feel like being a business person were a challenge to my talents and skills as an intelligent Filipino-American woman.  So I had the idea of starting a blog that was akin to my former job at American Express.  At the time, I had to prepare a daily newsletter that was called the Executive Briefing Project.  This time, you people, are my executives who need information about starting a business, but put in very succinct 2-liners.  The information will be useful hints for people who are afraid to get started because there are a million questions to be answered in the head.  The idea started when I began reading a copy of Entrepreneur magazine (January 2013).  Business owners spoke about how their small businesses unfolded, and gave advice and tips that I think will make people less unafraid and confident.  It is my hope that this blog will guide you on your journey of entrepreneurship.

This blog is for wannabes who are totally non-savvy when it comes to business, but would like to try out our luck selling a service or product, anyway, because it sounds like fun -- even though at the back of our head, we know that business requires a lot of work.  But we want to try anyway.  So I made the advice short and sweet and easy to understand.  Most of the early info are picked from the magazine Entrepreneur, so I highly recommend that you pick up a copy of Entrepreneur magazine, and start reading it.  It's a great magazine.  And I'm not being paid to say that.

Good luck, and if you have any suggestions about topics, or any questions you need answered, just let me know, and I'll do my best to answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment